Easy Aces, Kitty Keene, Pretty Kitty Kelly & The Goldber

Hosted by Jim Cox, author of The Great Radio Soap Operas (31 Classic Daytime Dramas, 1930-1960)

Moderator: Jim Cox

Jeeper One Radio

Easy Aces, Kitty Keene, Pretty Kitty Kelly & The Goldber

Postby Jeeper One Radio » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi everyone:

Weren't these shows radio daytime soap operas? If so, why is there no information on them?

Just wondering... :D

Cheers :D

Pat

Lou
Site Admin

Re: Easy Aces, Kitty Keene, Pretty Kitty Kelly & The Gol

Postby Lou » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Jeeper One Radio wrote:Weren't these shows radio daytime soap operas? If so, why is there no information on them?

Yes, those shows could have been considered soap operas. The list in this forum does not pretend to be complete. If you wish, you can start a thread or threads describing one or more of those shows in depth, so other visitors could enjoy your information.

Jeeper One Radio

Re: Easy Aces, Kitty Keene, Pretty Kitty Kelly & The Gol

Postby Jeeper One Radio » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:25 pm

Hi everyone:
Lou wrote:
Jeeper One Radio wrote:Weren't these shows radio daytime soap operas? If so, why is there no information on them?

Yes, those shows could have been considered soap operas. The list in this forum does not pretend to be complete. If you wish, you can start a thread or threads describing one or more of those shows in depth, so other visitors could enjoy your information.
Don't have any myself. I thought The Complete Directory To Prime Time Network And Cable TV Shows would have something on them, even though they're not prime time or TV shows (The book does have a section on TV shows that enjoyed a run on radio), but it doesn't even list old daytime soaps. :(

That said though, I know that The World Of Soap Opera Themes has (or at least had) a video cliip of the opening theme to Portia Faces Life during its run on TV. Not sure what year though. I think I saw a few others that also had runs on radio on there as well.

You gotta be a member to view any of the content on that site now. :( It used to be that you could watch the themes for free, but you'd have to pay to watch complete episodes (which was only fair considering the bandwidth costs and such). But now that has changed. :(

Cheers :D

Pat

Lou
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 pm

If you want more information about the soaps (sans soundbytes), get
One of Jim Cox's books, The Great Radio Soap Operas (31 Classic Daytime Dramas, 1930-1960), McFarland Publishers. Jay Hickerson called this book "the definitive work on radio soap opera"!

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Great-Radio-Soap-Operas/dp/0786405899/sr=8-2/qid=1158977754/ref=sr_1_2/104-2149936-7359905?ie=UTF8&s=books">Here is a link to the book</a>

Return to “Great Radio Soap Operas BBS”