guiding light

Hosted by Jim Cox, author of The Great Radio Soap Operas (31 Classic Daytime Dramas, 1930-1960)

Moderator: Jim Cox

miss muffet

guiding light

Postby miss muffet » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:51 pm

i use to hear the guiding light on the radio when i was a kid i use to hear it on the radio it was only on 15 min and than it went to tv for a half hour i remember papa bauer steve jackson ed and mike and hope and lesile and the norris family peggy fletcher and her dad paul and janet mason ed s girl friend and when stanley norris was murdered leslie was implicated and mike defended her that it for now

piqueroi

Postby piqueroi » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:20 pm

I first listened to The Guiding Light in January 1952 when I was home with the chicken pox. At that time Kathy Roberts was passing the responsibility for her pregnancy to Dr. Grant as the real father, Bob Lang, had been killed in an automobile accident. Hard to believe the actor who played Dick Grant is now host of "Inside the Actor's Studio" but then it has been half a century.
Dick married Kathy and if I remember correctly the cause of his amnesia was discovery of the truth. (By that time Guiding Light was on television at 12:45 p.m.)

janes

Rose Kransky

Postby janes » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:38 am

Hi,

I have a question about Rose Kransky having the first out-of-wedlock pregnancy on a radio soap opera. I've been unable to track down any of the 1939 TGL episodes dealing with it. How did they refer to the pregnancy? I suspect they didn't use the word "pregnant," since that was also taboo on television fifteen years later. Anyone know? Thanks!

- Joe

Return to “Great Radio Soap Operas BBS”