Blind Detective Show

Snazzy secretaries, ringing telephones, tommy guns, cops and wobbers.
Hosted by Stewart Wright

Moderator: Stewart

AB_Wildrose

Blind Detective Show

Postby AB_Wildrose » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:25 pm

I am looking for a show that has a blind detective..... if I remember correctly he has a man and woman who attended a party with him and they describe the settings to him. At the party the hosts wife is murdered but the room where the murder took place is locked and there was no way that anyone could get in but the door that was locked. Of course the crime is solved..... but I can't find the show and can't remember what the show was called and it is driving me nuts trying to find it. Can anyone help me find it???? Please?????
Thanks
AB_Wildrose

Harlow Wilcox

Re: Blind Detective Show

Postby Harlow Wilcox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

The only show that comes to mind is an episode of SUSPENSE titled "Out of Control" starring Brian Donlevy and originally broadcast on 03-28-46. Brian Donlevy plays a blind detective in this episode and he has a dog named "Schnooky". I hope this helps! :)

AB_Wildrose

Postby AB_Wildrose » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 pm

I found another show called "Sounds of Darkness" that has a Blind Detective in it. I haven't had time to find the one show I heard on the radio station yet but I think that it is the show I was looking for. Now I want to find a place that I can download the show to my computer.... so far no luck on the end of it. I did listen to the Suspense show "Out of Control" and enjoyed it, I heard of the detective he portrayed.
Thank you for your help.
Diana

AB_Wildrose

Postby AB_Wildrose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 am

Could someone tell me how to download the shows for the OTTR Library? I have found the show I was looking for at the OTTR Library (Sounds of Darkness) but I don't know how to download the show.... or do you know of any place else I can download the show Sounds of Darkness?

Thank you,
Diana

Stewart
Site Admin

Postby Stewart » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 am

AB_Wildrose wrote:Could someone tell me how to download the shows for the OTTR Library? I have found the show I was looking for at the OTTR Library (Sounds of Darkness) but I don't know how to download the show.... or do you know of any place else I can download the show Sounds of Darkness?

Thank you,
Diana

The Sounds of Darkness was a Springbok Radio production, which ran on the South African Broadcasting Corporation from 1967 to 1974.

The Sounds of Darkness was the story of Lee Masters, an FBI agent blinded in the line-of-duty. Johnny Bridge was Master's partner and acts as his eyes.

The OTTR Library has about 70 of the roughly 275 episodes that were broadcast.
Check the Help section of your Browser software on how to download the individual episode files.

Signing off for now,

Stewart

Return to “Golden Age Detective Shows BBS”