Old Time Radio Station Broadcast: who and where

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

twrightOTRLNM

Old Time Radio Station Broadcast: who and where

Postby twrightOTRLNM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:23 pm

I am new to OTR BBS but a long time old time radio listener and a fan of Lum N Abner. I discovered the 2009 OTRBBS list of stations around the U.S. broadcasting old time radio. To my pleasant surprise as I switch over to AM the earlier this month I picked up AM 690 kc KGGF at 1 pm and heard old time radio programs in my car from north central Oklahoma; car radios have 30 to 50x gain over table models so much more faint in the house. KGGF run old time radio from 1 pm to 2 pm Monday through Friday on this station. Also AM 580 kc KKSU out of Kansas plays old time radio programs in the evening at 6pm, Monday through Friday.

I am restoring a 1932 Philco cathedral curve top radio and hope to build an antenna soon to hear these programs over an original old time radio.

So this is an amendment to the radio list that has KGGF and KKSU when and if it can be verified.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”