Incredible OTR Film Short - LONE RANGER

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Ray Faiola

Incredible OTR Film Short - LONE RANGER

Postby Ray Faiola » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:58 am

This is a promotional short made by Jam Handy for Chevrolet. Three of the radio actors sound like the Jewel Players of WXYZ (LONE RANGER). It makes sense that a Motor City company would film at a Detroit station. Anyway, listen to the stand-up actor voices and see if you agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ43UC5tIOY

Actors in the location footage, newly shot to show off that nice new Chevy, include Lafe McKee, Richard Alexander and Bob Kortman - all western regulars.

Redryder

Re: Incredible OTR Film Short - LONE RANGER

Postby Redryder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 pm

I recognize John Todd who usually played Tonto! He is the semi-bald head gentleman! A very young John Hodiak!And possibly, Chuck Livingston playing a major part.He directed a lot of The Lone Rangers in the early years! And it looks like Malcolm McCoy, Jack Petruzzi and Bill Saunders!I'm sure about John Todd and John Hodiak! One of the lady actors might be Ruth Jean Rickaby, Producer Jim Jewell's sister!Can anybody out there correct me on some of the actors, please? Boy, we have a Radio Gem there! I have found 2 sources that sells copies of The Lone Ranger Film Short! It's well worth having!

Redryder

Re: Incredible OTR Film Short - LONE RANGER

Postby Redryder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 am

I made a mistake! Lenore Allman was Jim Jewell's sister! Ruth Dean Rickaby was the actress I was speaking of, that I suspected of being in the radio Short Film in Detroit by the WXYZ Players! Lenore Allman could possibly be in the cast, too!

Return to “Main OTR BBS”