Old Time Radio Cast Lists

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Mister_Wimple

Old Time Radio Cast Lists

Postby Mister_Wimple » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:43 am

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a source on the net for Old Time Radio actor credits along the same lines as IMDB except for radio. Anyone know of such a thing?

Stewart
Site Admin

RE: Old Time Radio Actor Credits

Postby Stewart » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:43 am

Mr Wimple asked:
I was wondering if there is a source on the net for Old Time Radio actor credits along the same lines as IMDB except for radio. Anyone know of such a thing?

You may want to try:
http://www.radiogoldindex.com/

It does not provide a complete listing of performance credits, but it is quite useful.

Hal Evans

Radio Cast Members Listings

Postby Hal Evans » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:35 am

Just today, I looked up The Lone Ranger radio show actors. Can't remember exactly what I typed into my browser. Probably "Lone Ranger radio series cast members." On the 3rd or 4th listing down the line, I got the names of several TLR radio cast members, to my great surprise. I didn't write it all down. But I did confirm that John Hart, as we probably all know anyway, was the voice of Tonto. Actually Hart, looks more like TLR that Brace Beemer did, IMHO. I also noted that several other names were mentioned, like the guy with the ultra-low creepy voice who always played bad guys. And yet another familiar outlaw voice. Some gal with a very long name was the only female credited. I seem to recall that Virginia Greg had roles in the show, too. But not a mention of her. I'll have to go back to that neato web site and write down those names. Note also that the same voices turn up in The Green Hornet because it was also produced at WXYZ by GW Trendle, etal. So although the web isn't perfect, it does have a LOT of information. :D

Jack French

LR voices

Postby Jack French » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:10 pm

I don't know which website you tumbled unto, but John Hart never played Tonto on radio or anywhere else. He did, however, play TLR for one season on TV when Clayton Moore was in contract dispute.

John Todd, an ancient Shakespearen actor, played Tonto on radio the entire series. For obvious reasons, he was never used on the TV show.

Jack French
Editor: RADIO RECALL

lka0821

Re: Old Time Radio Cast Lists

Postby lka0821 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 pm

I was told by his daughter, that the original Tonto on radio was Scott T. Williams, who was actually Chief Thundercloud.
I am in the process of getting some information from her, and will pass it along.

I have not had any luck searching the internet, but apparently the Chicago Tribune did a big article on him when he passed away.

Redryder

Re: Old Time Radio Cast Lists

Postby Redryder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I don't believe Virginia Gregg ever was on The Lone Ranger Radio program from Detroit! I believe most of her acting was on Hollywwod Stations on the west coast!

Return to “Main OTR BBS”