Is a different password required for each section?

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

nikurashi

Is a different password required for each section?

Postby nikurashi » Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm

I don't understand how to navigate this website.I ask a question by using "contact," but the reply I get is no answer. Maybe this section will be more helpful. My problem is simply that I cannot open, "Big Band & OTR Music BBS." So my question is, how is it that I can log into "The Original Old-Time Radio BBS" website, but I cannot open sections within it? When I try, I'm asked for another password. Is that the way things work around here? Is a different password required for each sub=section of this website? If so,how do I set these extra passwords?

Lou
Site Admin

Re: Is a different password required for each section?

Postby Lou » Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Only one password is required. However, BBS software is experiencing problems.

5/1/2016 10:38 PM
Problem fixed. Thank you for letting me know that section was not accessible.

nikurashi

Postby nikurashi » Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 am

Thanks for that. Now I can go to bed with one less problem to worry about.

nikurashi

Postby nikurashi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:57 pm

I just had an experience that made me come back to thank you once again for your prompt and helpful reply. I was scrolling another OTR website when I noticed that many of their links didn't work. I told them about it, and I did get one response asking for more information. Well, I gave them the information they asked for (the URL of the website in question), but that was the last I heard, and they didn't do anything about it. Later, I got to thinking that maybe the problem was with my browser, not their site, so I took the trouble of testing all of their links with each of the browsers (Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, and Maxthon). The test revealed that, with one, maybe two, exceptions, none of around ten links worked, That's the end of the story. Those ten links are still broken or inoperative for one reason or another. Quite a difference from you way you reacted when I told you of a problem. Thanks again.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”