If you wish, you can introduce yourself here; or welcome new members with a quick note.
rj7500

Postby rj7500 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:27 am

New to this forum but certainly old enough to remember the Golden Era. I'm a professional voice actor and I still get requests for that.....'old time' radio announcer voice.

I remember listening to radio at home with my mom. Godfrey in the morning, followed by the soaps, Our Gal Sunday, The Second Mrs. Burton and Hilltop House to name just a few. I also remember the final week when everything came to a halt and the Golden Era become somewhat tarnished.

I'd love to hear from anyone interested in those days.

Take care all

RJ

Monsterwax

Re: Newbie

Postby Monsterwax » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Hey RJ,
I'm new here myself, and although I missed the golden era by a couple of decades (born in the 1960s) I can assure you that there are those of us who still admire those golden years, albeit second hand! The closest I got to experiencing it as a youngster was listening to E.G. Marshal late at night on the CBS Mystery Theatre in the 1970s. It only lasted an hour every weeknight, but it gave me goosebumps waiting for it. I can only imagine what it must have been like having that sort of programing on several stations every night! Later, in college, I found the other shows on tape and became addicted. So the tradition continues on to later generations, and now with the MP3s on the net, I expect it will grow even more.

Return to “Welcomes & Introductions”