Radios Golden Days

If you wish, you can introduce yourself here; or welcome new members with a quick note.
George

Radios Golden Days

Postby George » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:46 am

Hello everyone...
My name is George Ward and I was a child Radio Actor during the forties, having appeared on network radio over a thousand times. I worked on most of the Soap Operas from New York and had my own shows on WOr Mutual called "Daddy and Rollo" and "Junior Newscaster" with Connie Desmond. I also did all the big nightime shows and was fortunate to be on the Jack Benny program when he had Fred Allen on as guest in 1942.
I'm interested in obtaining recordings of the Kate Smith Hour, particularly the Christmas Shows in 42,43 and 44 called "The Small One" or the shows which featured "daddy and Rollo" and guests George Raft, Orson Welles. Jean Hersholt . Also, to add my name as having played "Dickie Blake" on Portia Faces Life and "Mark" on Young Widder Brown. Looking forward to hearing from you.
George

kamperbythesea

Re: Radios Golden Days

Postby kamperbythesea » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:49 am

Hi George, it's a privilege to have a veteran radio actor as a fellow listener. I'm John Seekamp and am new to this old time radio site. I listen to all the adventure type otr serials, especially the ones geared toward kids as they are the most thrilling! I was born in 1957 as the golden age of radio was winding down and TV was building fast! (the Gerry Anderson supermarionation series 'Supercar' in 1960 was the first TV show I watched by myself! But now, while eating breakfast, I listen to 3 or 4 episodes of otr shows such as Captain Midnight, Speed Gibson, Jack Armstrong Terry and the Pirates, etc..
Of course now I'll have to add listening to shows in which George Ward is a part of!

Regards,
John Seekamp

Return to “Welcomes & Introductions”