Nelson Eddy

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Lorraine

Nelson Eddy

Postby Lorraine » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:03 pm

I am looking for information on where to obtain CD`s/MP3 CD`s which have good audio quality of radio programs featuring Nelson Eddy.
I have most of Nelson`s 1948 Kraft Music Hall programs on CD but would like to obtain some or all of his 1947 and 1949 Kraft Music hall programs. I would also like some or all of Nelson`s OLD GOLD and ELECTRIC HOUR programs.
Any other Nelson Eddy fans on this forum ?
Lorraine

Ted Hering

Postby Ted Hering » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:47 pm

Somewhere I have one of Nelson's shows on a reel of tape, which I dubbed from the original 78 rpm acetates. The discs came from the collection of operetta singer Francis McCann, the guest star on that particular show.

I'm not sure how to contact you directly (off group) to arrange a dub for you.....

MartinGrams

Postby MartinGrams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:32 am

If you are looking for good audio quality, MP3 is not the way to go. On a technical level, VERY few shows have ever been put to MP3 format that is almost equal to a standard CD, but none with Nelson Eddy that I know of. Best bet to contact Terry of Audio Classics, as he cleans up the sound quality of a lot of shows and can help you out. www.audio-classics.com

Return to “Main OTR BBS”