Helen Loraine Allison/Kramer - Survivor TITANIC

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

thedebrina

Helen Loraine Allison/Kramer - Survivor TITANIC

Postby thedebrina » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:20 pm

My Grandmother was on the We the People Radio Show in 1940 I think, telling her story as a woman thought to have died on the Titanic as a child but being informed as a grown woman that she was indeed a suvivor of the Titanic and that her real name was Helen Loraine Allison. She became known as Helen Loraine Kramer and was the subject of much controversy as regards her claim. I have a metal recording disc that has this show recorded on it but am at a loss as to how to listen to it. Can you advise on what or how I might be able to play/listen to this recording?

I would be apprciative of any and all advise you might provide and would be willing to provide you a copy of this broadcast for you achives if you are intertested.
Thank you
Debrina Woods

Nightengale

Re: Helen Loraine Allison/Kramer - Survivor TITANIC

Postby Nightengale » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I don't have an answer to your post, but am very interested in getting in touch with you in regards to your grandmother. I am very good friends with members of the Allison family (Hudson's great niece and great great niece) and would like to facilitate contact-there is interest.

thedebrina

Re: Helen Loraine Allison/Kramer - Survivor TITANIC

Postby thedebrina » Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Dear NIGHTENGALE... PLEASE contact me ASAP at my web site: www.titanicslastmystery.com
I would so love to speak with you.
Thank you for your posting
Sincere best regards,
Debrina Woods

Return to “Main OTR BBS”