Theme Music for "Dr Six Gun" & "The Silve

Snazzy secretaries, ringing telephones, tommy guns, cops and wobbers.
Hosted by Stewart Wright

Moderator: Stewart

Hal Evans

Theme Music for "Dr Six Gun" & "The Silve

Postby Hal Evans » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:43 am

I'm looking for the production library and cue name for the same theme used for the Dr Six Gun (NBC) and The Silver Eagle (ABC) radio series. If anyone knows, please post.

Thanks!

:D Hal

Hal Evans

"The Winged Messenger"

Postby Hal Evans » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:35 am

I think I've found the theme for those shows. It is "The Winged Messenger" by Charles Williams. I'll know for sure when the kind soul who made a copy of it from his production library sends it to me. But after a LOT of research on the internet, I located the name of cue from two sources. It's also on a log of all the Lone Ranger radio cues that's on the web. Yes, someone has a four CD collection of all the Lone Ranger cue music!

I'll verify if it's the cue I've been searching for. And let everybody know here.

Hal Evans

Confirmed "Winged Messenger" Radio Shows Theme

Postby Hal Evans » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Yes indeed! The production cue is definitely "Winged Messenger" composed by Charles Willams. It is played by the Queens Hall Light Orchestra, conducted by Sidney Torch. So a lot of very, very talented Brits were in on this. :)

So as you listen to NBCs Doctor Six Gun with yourvsix-pack, or ABC's Silver Eagle about forest rangers. Sharp-eared radio listeners will recall this cue rarely on The Lone Ranger. And the TV-eared will recall it as a secondary theme for a daytime adventure show.

I hear the theme and orchestration akin to Respighi's Fountains of Rome. There is a motiv that symhonic piece that sounds very close to this. But the "Winged Messenger" can fly by itself. :)

I'm sure all of you were on heavy duty tranquillizers in a high state of anxiety of my confirming this theme. Well now you have it. RELAX!

I'd suggest a shot or two of Southern Comfort with a beer chaser to calm you down!

Hal Evans

It was a Loretta Young TV Show Theme

Postby Hal Evans » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:50 pm

That TV show was Loretta Young Theater on NBC-TV, as I recall hearing this cue in the early 1960s!

Return to “Golden Age Detective Shows BBS”