NEED A GOOD CAUSE TO DONATE

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

DADDYSLITTLEGIRL

NEED A GOOD CAUSE TO DONATE

Postby DADDYSLITTLEGIRL » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Dear lovers of old time radio.

My dear father has recently passed and we are trying to find a place to donate his vast collection of radio programs that he loved so much. We are trying to find an organization or group that would appreciate and use this collection, as it would honor my father. All are in pristine condition. I have no idea where to find a donee that is specialized in this interest. If you can assist me in finding an appreciative audience please contact me for further details. I am looking to donate- want to bring enjoyment to others as my father loved to relax to the oldies. I have tried to email direct to the Webmaster, but was returned as spam. I would dearly love to see this wonderful collection to be utilized and shared. Not to be donated for someone to resell please.

RadioHermit

Re: NEED A GOOD CAUSE TO DONATE

Postby RadioHermit » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:25 am

Hello,

I am New here and saw your post. I know it is harder and harder to find good homes for old radio collections. I am 37 years old and the few people I have dealt with who are interested in old time radio are in their 80's and beyond. A gentleman I am friends with has a million dollar (maybe not quite so high) collection of radio programs and scripts and told me he doesn't know what to do with them but leave them to his family to deal with when he dies.

I am not much of a collector but would be interested in know what the collection consists of.

patrickwinn

Re: NEED A GOOD CAUSE TO DONATE

Postby patrickwinn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I am a member of an organization, that could make sure your father's collection is appropriately taken care of. If you are still looking, please let me know. Thanks.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”