The Cisco Kid Announcer

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Redryder

The Cisco Kid Announcer

Postby Redryder » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Dear Sirs, If Rye Billsbury was the announcer on the 1942-43 version of "The Cisco Kid," then who was the Announcer on "The Cisco Kid"shows from 1946 to the early 1950's?It could not have been Rye Billsbury as his voice does not match the later shows! I don't think it was Marvin Miller, either! Marvin Miller's voice had a different distinctive ring to it!The Man who was the Announcer-Narrator on the many shows currently in circulation had a very low, older man quality too it! I loved his voice and deflection on "The Cisco Kid!" I don't recall his voice narrating other shows!He may have been a character actor on other shows!If anyone can identify it , please let me know online at this address, please and/or this discussion site ! My address: leskrauty2@gmail.com Thank you! I will most appreciate it! Best Regards, Bob Slate

Harlow Wilcox

Re: The Cisco Kid Announcer

Postby Harlow Wilcox » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:35 pm

I always wondered about that also. I always thought it sounded like John Dehner but never found out for sure. :)

Redryder

Postby Redryder » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Dear Mr. Wilcox, Are you by any chance, the same Harlow Wilcox, who was the Announcer on "The Fibber McGee & Molly Show are you?

Harlow Wilcox

Postby Harlow Wilcox » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:16 pm

No, Harlow Wilcox passed away in 1960. I took his name as my screen name in honor of him. Also because i wanted one that would be related to Old Time Radio and because Fibber McGee and Molly is my favorite show.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”