"The Black Door"... from what series?

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Monsterwax

"The Black Door"... from what series?

Postby Monsterwax » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:42 am

I found this cool sci-fi horror episode online but it is missing the series intro and closing themes/ credits. I don't know what series it is from, but the story is called "The Black Door".

It's about a professor who goes to South America, and meets up with a local who has a stature of a dog headed person his grand father found in the jungle before he died. The two agree to seek the source of the statue for treasure and fame. The go via helicopter, and find it inside an abandoned volcano. They find treasure, and a black door leading to stairs descending down below. Instead of leaving and returning with a team, they go down the stairway and find a sacrifice room, and eaten mushrooms... and creatures who are starving for fresh meat! I could tell you more, but don't want to spoil it if you haven't heard it before. Here's the link:

http://tennesseebillsotr.com/otr/Black% ... ground.mp3

Anyone know what series it's from? Instead of an organ, it uses a piano for the background music. There's also other sound effects, but it's mainly the cool script that makes this story spooky. Enjoy!
Last edited by Monsterwax on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dutch George

Re: "The Black Door"... from what series?

Postby Dutch George » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you for not spoiling the story. I don't know what series it's from but I enjoyed listening to it.

It's a good story. Thanks for sharing it.

Monsterwax

Postby Monsterwax » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I found a link to this show that says:

"This is Suspense's show #901 broadcasted 11/19/61."

The title on the link was "Boogere Living Underground"
So this might be from Suspense. Yet it has none regular suspense music or breaks included. At a little over 22 minutes, it could have been edited out though.

This is not confirmation, just a maybe of what it is.

Dutch George

Postby Dutch George » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 pm

You're right!

Stream or download it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/SUSPENSE9

Return to “Main OTR BBS”