Heavenly Days

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

shrub_god

Heavenly Days

Postby shrub_god » Sun May 18, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm looking for the book about Fibber&Molly/Jim&Marion. I saw a copy for sale at the Convention last October in NJ(my first CON). $30 or $35 seemed a steep price for an old Trade PB. Silly me. Now I am even more interested in the book and it fetches $80 on Amazon.
I may eventually decide that $80 is worth it, but possibly someone here can offer a better deal.
DB

MartinGrams

Heavenly Days

Postby MartinGrams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:10 am

If the book you are asking about is the one I think you are, contact Ben who runs www.bearmanormedia.com and e-mail him. I think he has copies on hand and the last time I saw the price, it was a LOT better than the two you quoted above.

MartinGrams

Postby MartinGrams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:11 am

Oh, the FOTR Convention is great. But noticing you live in Ohio, I suggest you check out the Cincinnati OTR convention as it's shorter drive for ya. Also, Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Maryland. If you can go to three conventions a year, try these three.

shrub_god

Postby shrub_god » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks Martin,
I don't see the book listed on Ben's site, but I'm sending an E Mail.
I DID go to Cinci in April, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the FOTR-may have something to do with only being there Saturday, and not really getting a chance to meet people(spent more time in NJ).I'm aware of the Maryland Con, but when is it? I must limit my OTR Conventions a bit, my family may have me committed for going to these celebrations of a media that was dying at the time I was born.

Return to “Main OTR BBS”