Hello Everybody

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

knollie

Hello Everybody

Postby knollie » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:42 am

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I'm not actually a collector of old time radio, but I am looking for information about one specific episode of a show called "We The People" from 1937. The Library of Congress did not have a recording of it and I have no idea if a recording even exists.

I work for the Baltimore Maritime Museum and am in charge of the restoration of the Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse. On March 14, 1937, Lighthouse Keeper Thomas Steinhice recalled his story of a dramatic rescue he made of sailors from a sinking ship near this lighthouse on an NBC show called WE THE PEOPLE. According to the Library of Congress, the host of the show was Gabriel Heatter.

Does anyone out there have a recording of this show, or at the very least, any more info about the show at all?

Thank you for allowing me to do this on your BBS

Jack French

We, the People

Postby Jack French » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:27 pm

This series was on the air from 10-4-36 until 1-25-51, but only eleven audio copies have survived. Your sought after one in not in that group; the only one extant from 1937 is the April 18th program.

Several OTR dealers, including the ones who advertise on this site, will have copies for sale.

Since you're in Baltimore, get in touch with your local OTR club, the Golden Radio Buffs of Maryland. You can email them through Owens Pomeroy at <OLPomeroy> That club may have some recording of it they would share with you.

Jack French
Editor: RADIO RECALL
<www>

Return to “Main OTR BBS”