Help-name of show and program!

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

mandymarie_ca

Help-name of show and program!

Postby mandymarie_ca » Wed May 17, 2006 12:13 am

I'm new here, so hopefully this question is in the right place.
About 3 years ago I heard a radio show on an online stream, and I loved it, but have been unable to find it's name or the program it was on-so hopefully someone will be able to help me here!
It is a French story about a man who is grief stricken about his fiancee's early death. One night he decides to go to her grave to mourn her. After he's there for a while, the dead begin to rise from their graes and rewrite their epitaphs. They change them to the truth (swindled money, beath their children, stole, etc),. Finally his fiancee rises and changes her marker to show that she had cheated on her fiancee with another lover and caught a cold and died.
I don't know the name of this episode or the program it was on. I know the characters' names were french, and it was probably on a program that has horror or suspense.

Sorry this is long but I'm trying to provide all the clues I can.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Remley

Postby Remley » Fri May 19, 2006 6:39 pm

Hmm... it sounds like the kind of thing Arch Oboler used to write for Lights Out and Arch Oboler's Plays, but I searched around a little bit and I don't come up with anything so far, sorry.

If it's not an Oboler story, perhaps it was Mysterious Traveler, Escape or CBS Radio Workshop or something.

Perhaps you can dig around at the site you originally streamed it from, or ask someone involved in the programming of the site..?

Remley

Return to “Main OTR BBS”