The Tales of the Mahoning Valley broadcast cassettes

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

Gypsy5k

The Tales of the Mahoning Valley broadcast cassettes

Postby Gypsy5k » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I am totally new at this so please bear with me. My dad just turned 76 and for his birthday he would like to listen to the old time radio broadcast called "Tales of the Mahoning Valley." Unfortunately, I do not know where to look for these. I tried our local library but they will not lend them out. Does anyone know where I could get this set? I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone has to offer. I would love to hear this broadcast myself. My dad has peaked my interest in the past, plus I would love to know more about the history of where I live.
Thank you to all in advance.
Gypsy5k :?:

henryd6743

Re: The Tales of the Mahoning Valley broadcast cassettes

Postby henryd6743 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:40 am

Hello My name is Henry DiRando. I notice that you were inquiring about "Tales of the Mahoning Valley".

When the episodes were being created I was interning at UNITED AUDIO in Youngstown Ohio.

United Audio was owned and operated by William"Bill" Warner and his wife Peggy. Mr. Warner was in charge

of putting the show together and producing the cassette copies. Mr. Warner has passed on and I do not

know if Mrs Warner is still among us. They lived in Boardman Ohio. They have a son Bill Warner Jr. that may still

live in the Youngstown surrounding area. If so he may be able to offer some insight as to how to obtain a copy of the shows

Hope this will help. Happy Holidays

Henry DiRando

Return to “Main OTR BBS”