jim hawkins on lone ranger

Hosted by Jack French. A popular place for perusing a plethora of posts patently pertaining to radio's past. The updated, direct descendant of the original Old-Time Radio BBS on the WWW.

Moderator: Jack French

saturnhartwig

jim hawkins on lone ranger

Postby saturnhartwig » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:28 pm

I am looking for information about my deceeced father. He lived in Detroit and may have played on the lone ranger radio show as a child. He was born in 1937 and his name was jim hawkins. His mothers name was hilda and father ray. Just curious if this is true or not. thanx

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:11 am

Hope this may help you find Jim Hawkins. There's a fascinating book called "The Mystery of the Masked Man's Music," in which the author not only traces the music cue sources in the Lone Ranger radio who, but the author also goes into the names of the cast members. There is one group photo of the the WXYZ announcers as well. So I hope this may help you. I found the book in the main library in my area, so I would assume that if you are in a large metro area, you would also be able to find this book. :)

Hal Evans

Postby Hal Evans » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:48 am

There is a Jim Hawkins, a radio engineer, who has very well documented transmitter and antenna sites for New York City radio stations. Go to your browser and type in "WMCA transmiter." I recently saw his writeup on the web of WMCA. Hope this is the same person. (Hal Evans)

Return to “Main OTR BBS”