Hello from MoTown

If you wish, you can introduce yourself here; or welcome new members with a quick note.
ESPalmer

Hello from MoTown

Postby ESPalmer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Just a quick note to introduce myself to the other members. My name is Scott and have been into OTR since I was a kid listening to CBS Radio Mystery Theather as heard on WJR from Detroit. Further got into DXing back in late 70's as I was able to listen to WOR from PA when the weather gods were kind. No such thing as streaming in those days :)

I went on to be a police officer for 10 years, and man did OTR in the car do wonders to keep one sane on lonely midnight shifts. When some of the other guys heard the shows they too became interested, a nice feeling when you can spread the word.

Now I teach High School History/Social Studies and love to incorporate OTR and Golden Age TV in the lesson plans when they fit. It always amazes me when my kids are quite when they listen to anything from the past, ranging from War of the Worlds to the Attack on Pearl Harbor. Many have requested MP3 CD's from me, which I have to admit is somewhat ironic but something I always accommodate.

I am also into the newer Doctor Who audios from across the pond for anyone interested in the same.

Thanks for Listening,
Scott

Return to “Welcomes & Introductions”