Introducing....Me!

If you wish, you can introduce yourself here; or welcome new members with a quick note.
MadOphelia

Introducing....Me!

Postby MadOphelia » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:38 am

Hello.

I don't know if there are a lot of people my age here (26), but I thought I might as well join and perhaps learn more about OTR.

My father used to tell me about his favorite shows growing up, and one day I found one of those Smithsonian cassette collections with a bunch of comedies my father had listened to - like Fibber McGee and Molly, etc. I wanted him to be able to listen to it again. The tapes only had parts of shows with info in between so they weren't complete, but I enjoyed them so much (this was when I was 17 I think) I bought more.

I am only really into the comedies, and the show I have the most of (based on what I could find deals on) is Fibber McGee and Molly. Although I enjoy Duffy's Tavern, Our Miss Brooks, Jack Benny, and The Great Gildersleeve as well.

I don't know as much about the history as I would like, but then again I am not a serious collector (at least not yet)

I am also a fan of classic films (like Deanna Durbin movies, etc)
So, if anyone has similar tastes, I hope I get to meet ya!

Ciao,
Maria

Lou
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Welcome to the group!

Feel free to ask any questions by posting them in the most appropriate category. We have a lot of genuine old-timers and very experienced OTR collectors lurking, so you might get an answer fairly quickly.

Meanwhile check some of the posts that were made in our old BBS, by clicking <A HREF="http://www.old-time.com/archivedbbs/oldbbss.html">HERE</a>

Return to “Welcomes & Introductions”