Suspense: Twenty Years of Thrills and Chills

Read a good book on OTR lately? Share your comments about it here
Lou
Site Admin

Suspense: Twenty Years of Thrills and Chills

Postby Lou » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:57 pm

Since everyone else is posting information about Old Time Radio books,
allow me to add a couple. I have a paperback book called "Suspense: Twenty Years of Thrills and Chills" by Martin Grams Jr. Now I have purchased copies of other Suspense logs but this one has to be the final purchase. It has a lengthy history on how the program started and insights into various episodes, documentary about the two or three Suspense movies, novels, mystery magazines, comic books, awards, broadcast times (east coast and west coast) and of course, the television show. The broadcast log is very lengthy, more than 100 pages for the radio show alone, with plot descriptions that don't give away the endings! The photos, however, could have been reprinted better, but they are worth looking at. I also wish there was an index in the back of the book. I have two questions. 1. Why have I not seen this book anywhere else other than Amazon.com and Adventures in Cassettes? Is there a reason why Radio Spirits - of all catalogs - is not carrying this Suspense book, and instead, is selling a 40-page log that is not even worth half the price I paid? Am I the only one who thinks so highly of this book? 2. I only have four television episodes of Suspense. Does anyone else out there have any?

jhucks1070@aol.com

Return to “OTR Book Review BBS”